Yarazamori-gusuku was built in 1554 at the far end of Madama-michi, a military access road originating at Shuri Castle. Together with Miegusuku, the fortress was crucial in guarding Naha harbor against foreign invasion.
Yarazamori-gusuku. Photo by Andreas Quast. Excerpt from a picture painted by Tomoyose Chikudun Pechin Kikō 友寄筑登之親雲喜恒, 116.5 x 56.5 cm. From the possession of the Okinawa-kenritsu Zushokan Higaonna Bunko 東恩納文庫.
© 2017, Andreas Quast. All rights reserved.
This entry was posted in Unknown Ryukyu
and tagged Yarazamori
. Bookmark the permalink