Names and DOB
- Childhood name: Shinshi眞市
- Chinese-style name: Ma Sagen 麻作愿
- Born: as the firstborn son, 1612 (?) -01-05
- Father: Shinshi 眞之
- Mother: Magami 眞龜 of the Kin-clan 金氏
- Wife: Mamichi 眞滿, daughter of Kuniyoshi Pēchin Shinshun 國吉親雲上眞春 of the Sa-clan 査氏 (Died 1652-02-27. Posthumous name: Kogatsu 湖月)
- Oldest daughter: Umigami 思龜 (born 1626-12-21, married Yonaha Pēchin Sōshin 我那覇親雲上宗信 of the Go-clan 呉氏, date of death unknown)
- Oldest son: Shindai 眞代 (different genealogy)
- Second son: Shinshū 眞周
- Third son: Shinsei 眞成
- Fourth son: 眞辰 (different genealogy)
- Second daughter: Manabi 眞鍋 (born 1638-05-15, married Maezato Pēchin Chochoku 前里親雲上朝直 of the Princely Shō-clan 向氏. Died 1702-08-16. Posthumous name: Gesshin 月心)
- Fifth son: Shinshū 眞秋
- Second wife: Umitu 思戸, daughter of Gushikawa Chikudun Pēchin 具志川筑登之親雲上 from Kanera village, Tomigusuku district 豊見城間切金良村
- Third daughter: Umitu 思戸 (born 1644-11-08, married Sakihama Pēchin Seiwa 崎濱親雲上盛和 of the Mō-clan 毛氏. Died 1695-10-25. Posthumous name: Baigan 梅巖)
- Fourth daughter: Maguji 眞呉勢 (born 1650-01-23, married Uchima Pēchin Bushi 内間親雲上武之 of the Chi-clan智氏. Died 1723-08-17. Posthumous name: Bairin 梅林)
- Sixth son: Shin’ō 眞往 (different genealogy)
- Seventh son: Shinbun 眞文 (different genealogy)
- Fifth daughter: Majiru 眞鶴 (born 1667-11-05, married Shigema Chikudun Pēchin Genmei 志慶間筑登之親雲上元命 of the Yō-clan 姚氏. Died 1690-08-04. Posthumous name: Jikaku 自覺)
During the Era of King Shō Hō 尚豊王
- 1622-0918: Serves as an apprentice (Ko-akukabe 小赤頭)
- 1626-09: He tied up his topknot (coming of age)
- 1627-02-22: Serves as a squire (Hana-atari 花當)
- 1634-08-08: Serves as an adjudant (Chikudun) of the Seiyaritomi 勢遣冨筑登之.
- 1637–38: Sailed on a tribute ship to Fujian, and afterwards to Satsuma. 1637-09-29 they set sails in Naha, went to Fujian, and in the following year 1638-01-08 they arrived in Kagoshima and completed business. On 1638-02-05 they returned home to Okinawa. On 02-07 Gima Shinji was conferred to the court rank of Yellow Hachimaki (黄冠), i.e. the Pēchin rank.
- 1639-08-06: Assuming head of family, he is appointed eatste steward (Jitō) of Gima in Mawashi district 眞和地間切儀間地頭
During the Era of King Shō Shitsu 尚質王
- 1654-02-02: Appointed Magistrate of Sugar Production (Satō Bugyō 砂糖奉行)
- 1659-12-27: Conferred to the court rank of Zashiki (rank 4 minor) 座敷
- 1660: Toured the island for inspections as an inspector (代廻檢者), together with the Assistant Superintendent (Ginmiyaku 吟味役) of the Omono Bugyō 御物奉行, Miyagi Pēchin Kensen 宮城親雲上賢宣 of the Ka-clan 夏氏, and the Liaison Police Inspector (Yamato Yokome 大和横目) Kobashigawa Pēchin Yūsei 小橋川親雲上由政 of the Sai-clan 蔡氏. They procceeded to the islands of Ie, Iheya, Kume, Kerama, Aguni, and Tonaki. After completion of official business, they returned to the capital [Shuri].
- 1671-01-05: Died at the age of 63. Posthumous name: Jōseki 常寂
In the entry for 1634-08-08 we can see one very important thing: He served as an adjudant (Chikudun) of the Seiyaritomi 勢遣冨筑登之. In other words: The HIKI organization of old Ryukyu — which included the military — has not been abolished after the Satsuma invasion of 1609. How the whole organization was transformed to fit the new circumstances is described in detail in my Karate 1.0.
- 沖縄の歴史情報 第５巻。画像と全文テキストデータベース (Ⅰ）。 (6)「琉球家譜」の情報化。①首里系家譜。麻姓家譜 (田名家）.
- Naha-shi Shi. Shiryō-hen, Dai Ni Maki, Chū no 7. Naha no Minzoku. 那覇市史。資料篇 第2巻,中の7。那覇の民俗。
© 2017, Andreas Quast. All rights reserved.